Catchfire Creative is on the prowl for an experienced writer to join our team in our Portsmouth, NH office. Catchfire works with lifestyle and CPG brands, so this role will focus on producing consumer-facing content for campaigns, web, email, social, and packaging. This position is full-time. The Content Writer will work closely with the Inbound and Design teams, and will report to the Creative Director.
The ideal candidate for this role will come from either a journalism or content marketing background, with an ability to communicate effectively to different audiences in different voices. This role may include client-facing conversations, so the ideal candidate will be an effective communicator with a strong attention to detail. Catchfire is in a period of rapid growth and needs someone who can hit the ground running. This candidate will manage and develop content marketing campaigns, including components such as: content edit calendars, content production, social media research, and special project content ideation based on client goals.
Knowledge of SEO best practices is strongly preferred, as is an understanding of Google Analytics, Moz, and social media analytics.
- Assist in the creation of client social media and content strategy based upon each client’s brand strategy, brand architecture and positioning, and defined buyer personas.
- Produce engaging monthly content for multiple client accounts, including social captions, blog posts, and email newsletters. All content produced must be designed to achieve identified brand awareness, engagement, and conversion goals.
- Develop thought-leadership content based on client industry. Current industries include: Organic Food and Beverage, Natural Health and Beauty, Pet Products.
- Develop engaging and professional original client photography working with the Creative Director.
- Develop visual content (vector images, infographics, etc.) that reflects client’s brand identity in coordination with the Design team.
- Analyze social media reports (produced by Marketing Coordinator) on a monthly basis for successes and new opportunities.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Coordinator to identify relevant influencer partnerships, as well as the of coordination of influencer content.
- Stay current with content and social media trends, tools, and best practices – includes researching pertinent industry newsletters, attending networking and industry events, reading blogs, and listening to podcasts.
- Attend events sponsored by Catchfire Creative (usually no more than 1-2 per month) on behalf of Catchfire outside of standard business hours.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience crafting strategic editorial content.
- A strong understanding of content marketing, influencer marketing, and reputation management.
- Skilled and confident verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Exceptional time management skills, including the ability to handle multiple clients with changing priorities.
- Experience including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, SnapChat, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and more.
- Knowledge of digital analytics software (Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.).
- Experience with social media paid advertising campaigns, including Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and links to 3-5 writing samples. (Link to your own blog, published work, or portfolio site.) Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Submissions without writing samples will not be considered.