Location: Full Time Remote With Occasional In-Person Attendance Required / our Amesbury, MA office.
Catchfire is a digital marketing agency founded in New England. With an office in Amesbury, MA, the majority of our team works remotely across the country. Utilizing a combination of research-driven insight and creative strategy, we help D2C brands cultivate an identity that matches the quality of their products.
We’re a collective of uniquely talented individuals brought together by an eagerness to create impactful work. With a focus on branding, development and marketing, we produce dynamic content across all platforms and mediums.
Catchfire is small on purpose, choosing to curate an accomplished team with impressive creative ability to best support our clients. Our collaborative style fosters an enriching agency culture where we strive to elevate one another through thoughtful work and creative thinking between multiple departments.
We are seeking a multi-talented junior level designer with photography experience to work with our team on a variety of design and photography projects, including packaging, branding, web design, social media content and product photography. This position requires occasional in-person attendance at our Amesbury studio/office.
As a designer at Catchfire, you will work directly with the design, inbound, development and project management departments to create dynamic solutions that meet our clients unique design challenges.
At Catchfire, our passion for building extraordinary things brings us together as a community of creative thinkers. Our agency culture is defined by our work ethic, inclusivity, positive attitude and desire for growth. We are down-to-earth and value our team mentality and working relationships.
- Create compelling design solutions from ideation to execution, applying knowledge and understanding of design principles (e.g. composition, typography, color theory)
- Aid in the photo and video production process including planning, visual content direction, shot list creation, prop orchestration and final production
- Take initiative to learn relevant client/project information and research new trends and technology
- Create initial and conceptual design elements including proof of concepts, mood boards and client-facing presentations
- Work within existing files and design systems while still being able to share new ideas and solutions
- Prepare files utilizing applicable software ensuring that they meet all technical requirements for delivery
- Contribute ideas and solutions within the direction from leading team members
- Participate in critiques, taking and giving feedback with an open mind
- Digest and learn from team member feedback, implementing relevant changes
- Collaborate with team members, sharing ideas, insights or questions
- Time manage tasks to meet project deadlines and clearly communicate with project management department on progress
- 2+ years of relevant design experience or education preferred, but not required
- Prior agency experience preferred but not required
- Portfolio of industry-related or relevant work
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of composition, typography and color theory with the ability to bring ideas from concept to completion
- Highly proficient in the Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Working knowledge of Lightroom, After Effects, Premiere Pro and Sketch
- Photographic ability with a basic knowledge of techniques including composition, lighting and editing
- Basic knowledge of web/UX design
- Self-starter with a desire to research and embrace new trends and technology
- Organized, detail-focused and communicative
- Hybrid remote/in-office
- Health, dental, life and disability plans
- Competitive 401k plan
- Paid vacation
- Early out summer Fridays
- Professional development stipend
All qualified applicants will receive equal opportunity and consideration for employment. If you are interested in the position email a digital portfolio, resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org